Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Last Night in USA!!!

It's odd to think about, but the next time Alex and I will be in the states will hopefully be in December (keep your fingers crossed that we get the time off!) for Scott and Anna's wedding in Vegas. We spent some time with Alex's parents, pawned the buns off on Alex's brother and sister in- law, and drove with his sister Tina, and baby Jason to Albany to see Grandma Clum and the Siamons. We are now at Dan and Debbie Hansen's house watching the Olympics, and we had the pleasure of meeting baby Will Hansen. We have technically been homeless for over a month, and although it's been really hard not having much time alone, I feel very fortunate that so many people have let us stay with them. I guess we can't expect people to feed us anymore... I'll have to take some cooking classes in Shanghai so I'll know what to get at the market. Alex has been pretty much fearless through all of our preparation, and I have been less confident, but at this moment, I am so ready to start teaching, and finally have a place to come home to every night. Wish us a safe flight. We leave at 2:30 pm tomorrow, have a 10 hour flight to Tokyo, then after a 2 hour lay over, there's another 3 hours to Shanghai. I'll write whenever we have some down time.

4 comments:

Misha said...

Good luck!!!! I hope you have a great trip over...and everything is as easy as possible with settling in. (P.S.: you guys are crazy.) <3

Dave and Kathy Winters said...

Amanda and Alex, well you should be somewhere over the Pacific about now. We are so anxious to here about your new adventures! After your last call from the airplane, Kathy tried to call you back to say that she loves you but you must have already turned off your phone. Hope that your flight goes without any problems and that you get a few hours of sleep.
Love you, Mom and Dad

Aunt Luanne said...

Greetings from Spokane, Wow your really there! I'm thinking by now you are all settled in and have your class rooms..What an exciting venture the two you are on..I bet sometimes you wake up going are we really in Shanghai? Katrina loved her over sea's experience..So much to see and do..Your young so enjoy this time to the fullest...You are in our thoughts and prayers..We love you! Uncle Brian and Aunt Luanne

David said...

Hi guys,
I sure miss you two. I hope everything is going well for you and you are safe. I think about you lots and can't wait to hear from you and of course see you again.
Love you David